Welcome down here. Proceed with caution

For Nerds, Geeks, Fight Fans & Lovers

Friday, October 31, 2008

Mirror's Edge

Demo Thoughts

I downloaded the Mirror's Edge demo off the PSN last night and played it today. And here are my impressions on it.

The visuals are great albeit the sterile kind. Very clean. And one clean and tidy city, with the exceptions of the springboards, planks and such. 

The gameplay actually works real well on the console. I was worried it would be awkward seing as first person point of view on a parkour/freerunning game is a brave move. I found it easy to play yet abit hard to master. Only thing that was abit hard to judge was that one place where you have to jump across to another building and land on the wall pipes. Hard to judge when to jump and the angle to jump. 

While these things are positives I still don't see me throwing myself ass first to the game shop to buy it right away. I wasn't that blown away. Though it does seem like a good Zen game, the kind of game you can plug in to meditate to. 

Did my hype for the game increase, decrease or end up at status quo?  I'd say I feel like it made me move the game off the "got to have right away" list to the "get later" list. Having said that I still want the music which I really like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments in English only!