Welcome down here. Proceed with caution

For Nerds, Geeks, Fight Fans & Lovers

Friday, October 24, 2008

Iron Man The Movie

Review

Photobucket

Disclaimer: I have recently gotten into reading Marvel and have not read the Iron Man comics, With the exception of having started on the Civil War series. And as such do not know if the movie treats the comics right.

Watched on Blu-Ray. Contain spoilers though no more than a regular trailer has. 

Rated PG13 in the USA and in Norway rated for viewers 11 years or above.

Having said that I think this has to be the best superhero movie I've ever watched!

I sat down yesterday with the movie and a ton of popcorn and settled down to a evening/night of movie indulgance. Right off the bat I get the feeling of quality, with a great menu screen with a fully animated Iron Man doing various things and various pictures and such going over the screen on a cool fashion. Right.. Where was I? Ah! The movie!

The movie starts and the opening scene starts in a desert enviroment(the middle eastern kind) and you see a convoi of military vehicles is driving and the music kicks in. And I know I'm in for a treat for my musical taste, AC DC! And here the mayhem also begins. Tony Stark gets caught in a enemy attack and in the process gets injured and get capured. And this triggers the birth of Iron Man as it were. 

Now moving away from telling the story, and move on to my thoughts. I was expecting a great deal out of this movie as I'd heard a lot of praise for it. And as such I was very excited to watch this. 

And oh my fucking god! I was totally blown away!

I was having a blast watching this and thought it was done amazingly. The scenes were true to a comic book aestetic while being quite fresh. That being said comic books of this type, Marvel and DC (with their various branches), are quite a lot better in terms of laying out scenes than most movie directors tend to do. And the whole movie was a full on experience for start to finish. I was cheering, clapping, smiling and laughing.  And to recap the music bit, this movie has a great score and great music.

I have to say Robert Downey Jr. did a fantastic job! Well so did the rest but he stood out above the rest. 

One thing me and the girl at "my" comic book shop agreed on; We both love Tony Stark! And we both want one of them Iron Man suits for real. :-D

This is in short a total must-see!

And the extras on this is just awesome! everything in HD, non of that cheap "oh let's just pile the regular DVD stuff one there" crap. Everything done with a lot of care and respect much like the movie is. 

1 comment:

  1. Disclaimer: I have recently gotten into reading Marvel and have not read the Iron Man comics, With the exception of having started on the Civil War series. And as such do not know if the movie treats the comics right.

    It does a somewhat decent job I suppose, but I'm one of those crazy comic book purists that yell at the top of my lungs if they so much as change the guys hairstyle (so you can imagine how much I hollered when I found out they'd turned Jarvis into an AI computer program :P).

    End spoiler below!!

    Did you see the bit after the credits where Tony got a little visit from Nic Fury himself? With any luck, we might get a whole Avenger movie soon! That would be awesomesause...

    ReplyDelete

Comments in English only!