Welcome down here. Proceed with caution

For Nerds, Geeks, Fight Fans & Lovers

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Trick Or Treat: A Review

I started to play a little Guitar Hero 3 tonight after having a discussion about games, Nintendo and guitars with my friend Jesse. I Then got in the mood for some old school metal. So I fired up the old cult classic Trick Or Treat, a 1986 Metal Horror, on DVD.

I have watched that one like a least 10-15 times when I was a like 13, and I have had a soft spot for it ever since. Sure it's cheesy and very 80's and the plot ain't the greatest either but I still think it's awesome. And I don't really care what people think of me thinking that. I am after all a child of the 80's -early 90's. And the appearance of Gene Simmons and Ozzy Osbourne is cool too.

The movie is about a boy at a high school that's the target of bullies that love metal and is kinda worshipping the metal icon Sammi Curr and the rest as they say is history. I don't want to spoil it for those of you that haven't seen it. Because I think that you should watch it. it should be super cheap to get a hold of now. I payed like 3-4$ for it on DVD.  And for if you like some good old 80's metal you'll enjoy this. I guess most people growing up during the late 80's have seen this at one halloween or other. It actually ran on tv here last year come to think of it on halloween. (Yeah halloween is somewhat celebrated here too)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments in English only!