Welcome down here. Proceed with caution

For Nerds, Geeks, Fight Fans & Lovers

Friday, August 22, 2008

Star Wars The Force Unleashed

The Demo

So today saw the release of the demo of Star Wars The Force Unleashed on the PSN and XBL.

I got it off the PSN as I own a Playstation 3. 

I have played it abit and I'm really pleased with how it feels to play and the visuals are great. The game feels like the old Star Wars movies (Ep. 4-6) and the controls are tight. Having tried it I can say that my interest has gone from "this looks like a great game", to getting my Star Wars fangirl heart pumping. I have become truly stoked about it and I now want the game! 

I'm going to play this demo some more though the weekend but I'll just arrive at the same point:

I WANT IT!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome, I'm glad the game is good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, some of the aspects of the demo (like the "Force lift" thing) seems to be ripped straigh out of the old Xbox game "Psi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy" (excep that in Psi-Ops you could jump onto something and then lift it up with telekinesis and then hover around on it like a hover surfboard).

    All in all, it was a decent demo and the controls worked well enough after you got used to 'em, but one thing about it bugged me. To kill larger enemies you have to go through an annoying quick time event thing. Now I could understand it it was just an optional thing you could do if you wanted but no, you HAVE to do it, because after a certain point no matter how much you hack away on 'em, they just wont go down..

    Annoying as all hell IMHO and not very good game design <_<

    ReplyDelete

Comments in English only!